I'm 26 weeks pregnant & my husband and I just separated

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first child, a boy. Have been on bedrest for 8 weeks for preterm labor, cervical shortening & thinning, and cervical funneling. Since I've been on bedrest, my husband doesn't come home on time, stays out drinking, has started smoking, lies constantly, and even went out of town even though my OB explained to him that the baby could come at any day now. I've been sad about it all this whole time. Now I'm angry. His bags are packed, and he's leaving. How will this effect the pregnancy and baby? What do I do? Especially since all I can do is lay in bed all day/night alone and think about things. Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My x moved out every time I started showing. He was a jerk. Tell him to make sure he sends someone to help you since you are bedridden. Some men freak out and can't take the pressure of responsibility. Just make sure you have access to a phone and help on speed dial. Do you have family who can come stay with you?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You need to stay with a family member who can help you. I can't believe he would willingly leave you in your condition. Good for you for standing up for yourself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010