(PIOG)I'm 26 weeks pregnant & my husband and I just separated

I'm 26 weeks pregnant & my husband and I just separated
I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first child, a boy. Have been on bedrest for 8 weeks for preterm labor, cervical shortening & thinning, and cervical funneling. Since I've been on bedrest, my husband doesn't come home on time, stays out drinking, has started smoking, lies constantly, and even went out of town even though my OB explained to him that the baby could come at any day now. I've been sad about it all this whole time. Now I'm angry. His bags are packed, and he's leaving. How will this effect the pregnancy and baby? What do I do? Especially since all I can do is lay in bed all day/night alone and think about things. Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to have a friend or relative stay with you, and maybe you should journal, stress will make this pregnancy harder so you need to let it go for now for the health of your baby.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• try to stay calm, have someone on speed dial at all times in case someone can't stay with you. this must be really hard for you. i think he will be very distraught later when he realizes what he did. i hope he will be there for the child if not for you. GET CHILD SUPPORT the day you leave the hospital! get some books and try to just be calm for your nerves. it doesn't hurt to cry.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• That must be really hard! I'm sorry! Like the truealaskanmom said maybe call a friend or relative to come stay with you and help you out... You gotta try not to stress out (yes, easier said than done) but being stressed will only make things worst and you don't want that for you or your baby boy... I journal all the time when I'm having a bad day... gets your head clear. :) Keep your head up... If you want someone to ever talk too... feel free to message me!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 10:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I'm so sorry you're going through this especially right now. My husband asked me for a divorce when I was 9 weeks pregnant. I'm now 29 weeks (also having a little boy!). I wish there was something I could do for you other than offer some comforting words. You deserve better than that! Although what my husband did to me was beyond cruel I see now that he did my son and I a favor. He was not a good husband. Very verbally abusive and he constantly blew through our money and savings like it meant nothing to him. Now I can concentrate on being a great mommy and raising my son in a stable environment instead of having my feelings crushed on a daily basis and constantly worrying about money. I agree you need support. If you can have a friend or relative stay with you that would be ideal. I don't know what I would do without my family right now.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Also feel free to add me as a friend. I truly understand what you're going through right now (minus the bedrest)! You can't have too much support. You will get through this. Just stay focused on that sweet little baby. He will be a blessing through all of this mess. Remember you deserve to be treated well and your son deserves to have a happy mommy!
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• First you should ask yourself if this is real or not. Is he bluffing? How often does this occur in your relationship? What are the chances that youll get back together by the end of the night? If this is something that has never happened before then you just need to worry about you and your baby and try your hardest to look for support through family and friends... If this is something that is common amongst you guys, then try not to stress it. Ive been w my bf for 6 years and this has happened so many times, Id get all worked up sick to my stomach only to be lovey dovey the next day. Remember, when ur pregnant your emotions are 10x stronger so try and RELAX!! Although it might feel like the end of the world.. it never is.... GL and bless u!!!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I am really sorry you have to go through this and no offense but good riddence! Seriously! Now is a time when y ou need him the most and he can't be there for you! There is someone better out there for both your son and youself! You are nearing the end of your pregnancy don't let him get you worked up and risk something happening to your baby! Having a baby is a joyus time and you really need to be able to enjoy it and keep taking things slow! Babies grow up faster than you would like them to! Remember there are people out there willing to help you and care about you!
    marisa36

Answer by marisa36 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2010