The Pregnancy Pact movie on Lifetime tonight

Anyone else watching it? If so am I the only one that is getting pissed off at the stupidity of these girls? (Its based on a true story so no its not "just a movie"). If the girls these characters were based on feel like "their missing something" or "they want someone to love and love them" maybe they should open their mouths and communicate see a shrink I don't know, but they need to keep their legs closed. They need to understand the consequences of their actions. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only watched the first part of it before DH came home and I was getting mad at the red headed girls mother! It is attitdues like hers that help keep teen pregnancy going. My mom was a teen mom. She said her school didn't teach sex ed and her mom refused to talk about sex. She didn't know that anyone could go buy condoms. So she always made it a point to be very open with my sister and I. And yes, these girls are stupid. I've known several teen moms. And honestly I don't think that any of them were truely accidents. They just get all of these weird ideas in their heads.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Agreed!
    Im watching also.. lol.. such a nerd, but all day on lifetime its been about pregnant teens.. im hooked!!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• they're really young and didn't you do things that you regret, these are just much bigger things than skinny pants with weird socks. they were following the group.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Op here- no actually I didn't do things that I regret. In all honesty I couldn't have cared less about following the group. Don't try to excuse that sort of behavior in young girls. Its unacceptable.
    Anonymous

• i could see this happening with lots of girls today
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am dvr'ing it. I can't believe it - but I can see it influencing other girls this age.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i havent watched it yet but i recorded it to watch later. i rember hearing about it on the news though.i think that they just got bord with there lives and some people just need to act out instead to get attention and cause drama for them selfs
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It's been happening for years. My dd got pregnant as a middle school student 20 yrs ago and other girls thought it was cool. They got pregnant for various reasons; to piss their parents off, to have someone who would love them unconditionally since they thought their parents didn't....other reasons we as adults think are wrong. These girls thought they were valid reasons. My dd fell for the old "If you love me you will put out" but didn't use condoms. It never dawned on me to tell a 13 yr old to use one. I was obviously wrong not to think kids that young were being sexually active.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• What I find ironic is that some girls think their baby will love them unconditionally when they themselves don't love their own parents unconditionally. The logic totally breaks down. I'm not going to watch the movie. I'd get too irritated.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2010