i have a court order to see my 4 year old son every other weekend and the dad is refusing me my time with him i have not seen him 4 a month and a half what can i do

i need help

sammy_seth

Asked by sammy_seth at 9:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• File contempt of court charges.
    Anonymous

• Call legal aid in your state or a family law hotline for free legal advice. They can also assist you in filling out and filing the forms.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• file a complaint with the court
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• call the law
    Anonymous

• call your lawyer and file comtempt of court charges against him if it is court ordered he has to let you see your child if he wants to our not
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• go to the court house and file contempt of the order
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Take the police with you when you go pick up the child. He can be arrested for parental interference if he doesn't give you the child

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Call your lawyer. You also do not have to pay cs if he's not allowing you to see your child.
    Anonymous

• You need to go to the court in which your visitation rights were ordered and speak to them. Let them know that the father of the child is refusing you your visitation rights. Make sure to contact your lawyer as well, as they will need to know if a court hearing is scheduled. He DOES NOT have a right to refuse you visitation rights, as the court ordered him to allow you those weekends.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You don't need an attorney - you can file contempt of court without one. I had to file against my ex-husband several times and never needed an attorney.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2010