So, how many of you watched the pregnancy pact?

I'm watching the pregnancy pact on lifetime and I was just wondering if anyone else watched? Did you watch it with your kids? What were your thoughts? Did you think it is going to encourage teen pregnancy? Do you think the movie was realistic or too hollywood? What would YOU do if this happened to your daughter? Do you think its the schools responsibility to give out condoms to your kids?

Texan1993

Asked by Texan1993 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm watching it right now. Its making me so mad. The girls' views on pregnancy are so short-sighted, its driving me insane! I don't think its the schools' responsibility to hand out condoms...but I think they should be made available and the consequences of pregnancy and STDs should be explained. We're beyong this is what happens when you have sex...we all know about the birds and the bees. I'm talking, this is what herpes and chlamydia do to your body. This is the annual cost of having a healthy baby. For the next 18 years. For the rest of your LIFE.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 10:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i don't think it promotes teen pregnancy i think it's a greatway movie for a mother to watch with her daughter to bring up the conversation. i don't know if it's real or hollywood i haven't been there, and i don't know what i would do except take her fun life away at that point. and it's not the school's job to promote sexual health, it's a parents. the school just help the parent.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i think schools can teach about sex all they want...if a young girl has it in her head she wants to have a baby, she is gonna have one...she just needs better parenting
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am watching it right now and wish DS (16) was here to watch it with me (he's at a hockey tournament w/DH). I don't have a DD, but it's good for teen boys to see these things too, I don't know how many times I have said to him "if your going to have sex use a condom every time even if GF is on the pill" there are girls who try to get pregnant in every town, this was just an extreme case. I also wonder if it is mostly true. As far as condoms, I don't think it is the schools responsibility, but I think they should be able to have condoms available and teach teens about what the consequences of sex can be. Many parents do NOT talk to their teens about birth control, some one has to.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i will def. let my son know how many vultures there are out there
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I do think it would encourage teen pregnancy if a teen girl watched it. It was a movie just like this about eating disorders that taught me how to have one and hide it when i was 14. That's why it's called lifetime for WOMEN!!!!!!! I think they should have the option for b/c but if they wanna get pregnant they are not gonna take it.... crazy movie!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My 16 year old is pregnant. She had access to condoms and was on the pill. She still ended up pregnant because she is a child and is not responsible enough to remember to take a pill each day. The babies father was too big of a moron to put a condom on. I love my daughter but I am disappointed in her and in myself as a parent. I used to think my friends who were strict were idiots their kids are not pregnant or have a girl pregnant. The father as expected is not in the picture she like many girls thought he loved her and has no clue what real love is. She knows her childhood is over and we will not put up with her acting like one. She made a grown up choice she will have to be a grown up now. School, work and baby that is her life.

My daughter has 4 friends that are also pregnant so maybe they did plan this who knows. Kids that age are pretty fing stupid. I don't need to watch that movie we are living it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Dang it!!! I meant to watch that, but I forgot. I'm sure they'll play it a million times though, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I just saw it hence why I came online. My daughter is too young to watch it with yet. I liked where the lady from the blog thing came from. I could not believe they teenage girls had no hopes or dreams about thier furutres besides being mothers thats incredible especially in this day and age where women are tsrong and empowered. I do not think this movie with encourage teen pregnancy. The movie was based on a true story. As for my own daughter my decision on how to handle is a little conflicted but I was a teenage mother so here it is if my daughter gets pregnant she will have the baby if she wants it i will support her 100% if she does not want to raise it herself fine I will i will not let her give up my grandchild abortion is not an option and if she does have one without my consent no matter how much it hurts she will not be allowed in my home...
    casnlily

Answer by casnlily at 3:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I know it sounds rough but I did it there is no excuse if you have to deal with your consequences and killing a baby is not the answer its an easy way out but here is where its conflicting i believe in abortion as a right i dont think they should not allow it cause every situation is different the only situation acceptted by me for an abortion is if my daughter was raped I could not and will not make her carry and raise a child that would make that situation worse than it was of course it would be her choice but as a women if she choice to have sex she will have the deal with the consequences. as for schools responsibilities yes it is the schools responsibility to educate our children and protect them because unfortuntely it may be the only a young girl finds out about the truth plus they will do what they want to do with or without ur help so they need to inform students of course after telling them abstience is the.....
    casnlily

Answer by casnlily at 3:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2010