Would YOU spend this much for a stroller?

I am a mother without a car. I either walk or take the bus. I also have a 19 month old.

My umbrella stroller is falling apart, and as my daughter is 33 inches tall, she doesn't look very comfortable in it. There are no cup trays, or baskets, etc.

I saw a nice stroller for $199. Do you think that's too much money to spend on a stroller that I'll probably only use for a year or so (when my daughter gets old enough to walk long distances without tiring out)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• go to a local thrift store, i saw a REALLY nice one in a store for 20 bucks. it just needed a good cleaning.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• That is up to you. I think you could get a nice stroller for a lot cheaper, but if you use it all the time and feel like treating yourself- go for it. Just check craigs list and ebay first- you might be able to get a deal.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• nope
    go to a kids consighnment store
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If you do not drive and do a lot of walking buying a stroller would make a great investment.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I'd look to see whats available at consignment (even online used forsale websites) first, if Icouldnt' find anything I'd buy it.

you can always sell when you're done.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• For your situation you will need a stroller that is meant specifically for long distance walking/jogging. Look into Jogging strollers that are sturdier and have better tires. 199 is not a lot to spend on a stroller if it is well built.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• NEVER!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Are you planning on another child? I purchased an Eddie Bauer stroller for 175.00 it was a life saver. I got almost three years of use out of it. Then I sold it for 70 bucks on craislist. It just depends on your needs and how much you will use it. If you have the extra money splurge. The turn around and get some money back. Good luck with your purchase.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 1:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I don't think so. My son's stroller cost more than that.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I meant that I don't think it's too expensive, sorry. I read the question wrong, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2010