Homemade baby food

We're making our own babyfood ... I cannot, for the life of me, get my green beans or peas pureed enough so that my son doesn't choke on the little chunks! What am I doing wrong? I'm using a very nice cuisinart food processor after steaming the veggies. Has anyone tried dried peas (like you'd use for pea soup)? Help!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 10:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey there! We did only homemade baby food and I used a regular blender. It should work the same in your food processor so here is what I did;
    Steam the veggies and then add them to the blender (FP) with a bottle of formula. Puree until it is the texture you want. If you are worried about the pea skins then use your collander to strain those out :)
    2teachers

Answer by 2teachers at 10:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• do you add a little bit of the water in with it? it just take a splash of liquid to help get the lumps out.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Peas have a skin on them that's really hard to blend down completely. Use a fine mesh strainer to make it a smooth consistancy.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• do you have a baby food mill? They cost about ten dollars, and work really well.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2010