For those of you who shop Green,Organic and All Natural: How much money do you spend on groceries per week (on average)???

I was wondering how and what other mom's budget for food and basics when they are prioritizing health and sustainability. We are really tight right now financially, but I try to put our food first on the list and only buy organic on certain foods but it's really hard to keep the fridge/house stocked on less than $100 a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I spend about $100 a week for 3 people and that is for organic, natural foods
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yea. that's about how much we spend. ...100 a week give or take, for 1 adult and 2 children.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I spend about $60-$80 for a family of 5. We're a clean eating family - lots of fruits, veggies, lean meats, wholegrains, dairy.

I don't buy organic. I do buy local, natural.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We spend $60-80 a week for three of us. We are a fairly green, green family, eating mostly organic whole foods. We use mostly home made cleaners, cook from scratch, etc.

Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes/meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I can get a veggie and fruits box from my CSA for $30 and that lasts us about 2 weeks. It's all organic and local/regional.

We spend $60ish depending on if we have steaks or something expensive each week. We don't eat a lot of the foods that cost a lot of money each week, like cow milk. We eat a lot of rice and beans and sale items.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010