Paypal verified- is it worth it?

I used to be verified, but I decided I didn't want them to have my bank account information. So, I was listing stuff on ebay tonight and it said I could not list anything further until I became verified... using only my checking account, not a credit card. What gives? I don't want them to have access to my information... is there any other way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES - being verified IS worth it. It protects YOU. I have had paypal since 2001 and have NEVER had a problem and I have always been verified. If you are verified and you purchase something on eBay - if something happens you can dispute it with paypal. You are protected.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Paypal is to keep other Ebay members from viewing your account information when getting your money. It is to protect you from other members. They don't store your information, they're just the middle man to keep from other members getting ahold of your account information. It's better then giving your account information to someone who you're buying from.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I have never had any problem with paypal. Other online companies use paypal as a form of payment also. I think it is safe.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 1:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2010