period and bc question, maybe TMI

I decided to skip my period this month, since i was so busy traveling and stuff. i get tired and moody/cranky my period week and since we'd be traveling i thought it'd be better for everyone if i wasn't. anyway, it was all going ok, i did get headaches but those were sinises, (nothing worked but sudifed, and that only dulled the pain for a few hours. it went away after a few days) we traveled from Tn to Va to MD, and back, so with the pressure changes i guess i'm not surprised. but now i'm starting to wonder maybe it could have been cuz i stopped my period? i've never done it before, so i don't know how my body would react.

But today when i went to the bathroom, i wiped and had some blood. this was about mid day, but i haven't bled since. DH wants me to go to the doctor, but i'm a stubborn woman.

Just wondering if anyone else skipped a period,if you had symptoms and what were they? did you bleed a lil anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Health

• I've done it when I needed to start birth control right away (not wait for my period). You might have screwed things up a bit, by the way of spotting for a while. Just don't mess with your cycle anymore, I doubt it's healthy and might screw up another important day down the road with spotting. Just stay on the track you are one right now and expect some bleeding here or there and maybe a irregular cycle for a month.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• its fine and normal. when you start adjusting your cycle, its normal to have spotting. just be sure if you are going to do it again, to let yourself have a period at least every 3 months.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• thanks, i'm not normally the type that skips it, i had never even considered it until now. i have heard about having one at least 3 months, but i'm not planning on skipping my period so often, if ever again. as i said, i was just very busy this month and thought i'd try it. thanks ladies for you help/advice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2010