Why does my DH always get a fever?

My son was sick for a week, he had a low fever for a couple days. Same for me, I'm sick now, low fever, if any. DH gets the same thing today, fever of 102.5. Why is that? He ALWAYS gets a fever when he gets sick. My son is 3 and barely ever does.

AlexXaviersMom

Asked by AlexXaviersMom at 11:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Health

• It just means his immune system is working to rid his body of the infection, Your son's may just be stronger
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous response.

Your husband's body is working harder to rid itself of the virus. Which causes his core body temprature to rise higher. It could mean that his immune system is needing more vitimins to help fight off the virus. Seeing as it is working too hard to fight it. Try a lot of vitimin C, drink lots of clear fluids, and have him eat balanced meals with fruits and veggies to help him fight the virus. Also, it'll give his immune system to relax a little with those extra vitimins, so his fever can break.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• K, thanks ladies. So, does this mean he needs to boost his immune system or something? Like take vitamins? Though, I don't really know if it hits his body harder, because from my experience, men tend to act like babies with a cold, while us women keep going with the flu, lol. But I'll do my best to take care of him!
    AlexXaviersMom

Answer by AlexXaviersMom at 11:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010