My 2yr old daughter and in the last 2 weeks she wakes up crying for a few moments and will get back to bed? I'm concerened they might be night terrors? Or maybe growing pains? Any advice ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old daughter is doing the same thing latley !!!!!!! I was thinking it could be the same things . I will be checking back to see what people say .
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Night terrors usually wake them up in fits of screams to where they don't want to go back to sleep. Not to discredit that idea, I just think it is more growing pains. My son does the same thing lately and he is 16-17 months old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• One more thing. Keep an eye on change of eating habits, sleeping habits (length of overall sleep, whether she appears rested in the morning, etc.), and behaviour habits. If she has changed any of those it is most likely she's hit a growing spert. She probably is getting into a different stage of two years, and her body is just adjusting as it changes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Perhaps this is a normal phenomenon because my 20 month old son has been doing the same.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• this is a normal developemental stage...............at this time they are making a conection that mom is not a part of them and they are individuals (sp) and when they wake at night and dont see mom right there they get scared for a few minuets until mom comes in to say " its ok" my daughter is 23 mo and does this too. it will get better as they get a litte older and as they see you come to comfort them every time. hang in there.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 3:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It very well could be night terrors, some kids have them, most don't. My now 4 year old had them almost nightly for months at a time. She'd sit up in bed screaming and screaming for 10-15 minutes. Touching her would make it worse and there's nothing you can do to calm them. They aren't even awake when it's happening. She hasn't had them in a few months now (although i probably just jinxed myself lol) Hope you get it figured out, it's so hard to hear your babies screaming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2010