Sleeping.

I kind of let my daughter stay up as late as she wants, but now its getting to the point where shes staying up a little to late and im really tired. shes 4 months old close to 5. I was wanting to know if anyone knows of any sleeping methods i can try so she will go to bed earlier but not wake up till the morning. I feed her before she goes to sleep so shes full. I change her.

Advise?
Help?

Adrieanas_mom

Asked by Adrieanas_mom at 11:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get her into a routine. and make her skip the last nap for a couple days. if shes taking a nap at say 8 pm, then of course she isnt going to want to go to bed at 9 or 10.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Start a nightly routine. Do the same things everyday at the same times everyday. Also try to keep her awake as much during the day as you can, so she'll be more likely to want to sleep when it is bedtime.

For example:

6:00 Bath.
    7:00 Lights get turned down. Read a story while feeding her a bottle. (Or breastfeeding if you do that)
    7:30 bedtime.

Remember to put her in bed when she's partially awake. They say (They being doctors) the child will get a better sleep if they slowly drift off on their own. Rather then being jossled while asleep when being put in the crib. If she awakes during the night, just cuddle her in a dark (or partially lit) room, feed her/change her, then put her back to sleep. Just continue your routine every night even if she fusses.

Make sure she's comfortable and warm when being put to bed. The bath will help relax her, and reading to her will help calm her into wanting to sleep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2010