Has anyone ever had an abnormal ultrasound like mine?

Had an ultrasound done on Tuesday and there was a gestational sac. Did an hcg on Monday which was 5739 and another lab did one Monday that was 3082. Then on Friday the doctor thought that the labs were done at the same place and so he did another ultrasound. It showed the gestational sac and other material inside (he was not certain what it was) and said that he wanted to retest my hcg. He said that he didn't think it was a viable pregnancy. My hcg came back at 9800 and so he said that he wants to redue the ultrasound and that we will have to wait and see. Has anyone had anything like this happen? I was 4 weeks 5 days Friday. What should we have seen?

thanks for all your help and I wish you the best...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• this happen to me last year.. they had to keep re doing my hcg.. even though it was getting higher there was nothing in my sack..we wasnt sure what was going on.. so about 2 weeks later wen i came back i found out i was having a Mc. im not telling u this to give your hopes up cuz god works in so many ways jus pray on it and take much much care of yourself... good luck!!
    lscott2208

Answer by lscott2208 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• lscott2208: Should you see the yolk sac at 4 weeks 5 days? Was there other 'material' in the gestational sac in your pregnancy? What happens next if I have had a miscarriage? Thanks for answering my question with honesty :)
    Anonymous

• http://pregnancy.about.com/od/pregnancycalendar/ig/Early-Ultrasound-Photos/

dont know if this will help you. its a week by week ultrasound.

Anonymous

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I had this happen to me too, I lost the baby. I saw the sac and some tissue in the sac. I was supposed to be 9 weeks when I had the first ultrasound done but the doc said it looked more like 5-6 weeks. good luck
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I had 2 mc, the first one was early and happened naturally, and the second one was a blighted ovum. There was a sac but no baby; very heartbreaking and discouraging, I had to have a d&c ( I was about 8 wks at the time of discovery ). I hope everything works out for you.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 12:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2010