lonely

I am 33 weeks preg with baby number 2. None of my friends have any children. My husband is at work all day. And my family lives 3 hours away. I have become a regular at the Children's museum and at a local play zone (it is freezing up here, all play is restricted to the indoors).
I used to be a social butterfly, now I have anxiety about even talking to most other moms. I have met some women with children around my son's age (2 years old) but I am unsure as how to begin a friendship/play group- especially with a new baby on the way.
I loathe my old friends and feel completely abandoned by them. I have made efforts to spend time with them, but the only way I can see them is if I go to a bar (we are all nearing 30.... the bar scene is not new to any of us). I feel like my husband puts his frienships and work before our son and myself. I am really having a hard time. No real question here... just needed to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• While your at the museum or play zone start talking to other moms, they may have the same problem as you. I wouldn't worry about the old friends, get new ones that you can maybe do family time together and still have the playdates in the day time. Been where you are and it is a terrible feeling I know, some of it is harmones or it was with me. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Oh, I feel you! I have a 2.5 yo DS and a 1.5 yo DD. My hubby is in the military and we are in Japan, so my family is a 24-26 hour flight away. I'm 35 wks along. My DH works 12+hour days, working atleast 15 days a month. It's really hard, but we manage to make sure to have family time every day, even if just for an hour (by family time I mean all of us together, the kids are with me all day, I'm a SAHM). It can be rough, and when you are pregnant, it makes it even worse. I'm trying to figure out how to get playdates in for the kids, too, so they can play with more than just mommy. I have DH ask some of his coworkers who have children if they want to do playdates. Then I can meet their wives and make friends, the kids can make friends, and we can all hang out together when the guys have off of work.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2010