Facebook comments about donating to haiti

Yep! I said it!.........Shame on you America: the only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations. 99% of people won't have the guts to copy and repost this.

So this is going around on facebook. Am I the only one that is aware that you can donate to homeless shelters and homeless programs at ANY time?

And for the people posting this, do you? Are you going to post this and donate tomorrow?

Or are you just going to complain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i posted that as my status also im with you the whole way. i used to work at a half way house that was primarily veterans. there were there cause they had some unseen problems..its soo sad that they suffer and they are the ones who put their lives in the line for us
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I agree! That is why this status thing is making me mad. Yes more attention should be made to the flight of some americans, but really.. people need the reminder? How many people are posting this yet roll their eyes at homeless people asking them for change.
    Anonymous

• plight. sorry!
    Anonymous

• I didn't see this on FB - nor would I post it. I DO donate to our local shelters - AND donated to Haiti. It was a NATURAL DISASTER!!! They NEED the help!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry, but 100 million should be more than enough to help Haiti (what Obama gave out of the budget). Why ask Americans who are struggling themselves to give to another country with telethons and such. I live in Southern California where the storms took out a bunch of houses, is anyone going to have a telethon for us? I do help the local homeless by giving out food and clothing. We seriously need to help Americans in OUR time of need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i dont think there is a word that can describe how pissed i am about the whole haiti shit..

ruttermama, haiti does not need as much money as we do!! hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster that happened in the usa and did you see "help for the Katrina victims" on 17 different channels?(i counted last night where i am) NO!!! and 911 was a TERRIST ATTACK and no one donated any money there! and if so why dont we have the twin towers now? the point is what business did obama have for spending that much money on a country that was a piece of shit to begin with, when we need it to come out of our recession!! natural disasters happen, they just happen.. no one can stop it no one can tell when they are coming.. and it isnt our place to fix what we didint break!

POINT ENDED!
    Magouirkmandi

Answer by Magouirkmandi at 3:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• There were alot of fund raisers for 911 Collecting both blood and money. There still are to this day.

The point is, instead of crying about what others donate their money to, donate to what you feel is important. Apparently you never donated to 911. Things dont have to be handed to you. If you believe in something look for a way to donate. you have to wait till the tv tells you to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I didn't see it on fb and will not post it as my status if I do. Haiti has more than enough money donated already. Let's move on, back to helping Americans, please. Thanks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• In this country we as a society have NO reason to have any of the above mentioned things going on. However,, two wrongs don't make a right. Haiti is a humanitarian effort and I will support humanity where ever and when ever I can. I don't give a rip what country it is happening in. We are only good as a human race as we treat one another. I am soooo sick of hearing about fixing what is broken here first. As if these poor bastards lives didn't suck enough! Now they are under a ton of rubble. Are women really so cold as to look at a starving child ANY starving child in ANY country and tell them they are not worth clean water and a bowl of rice because our country has issues...that don't even comare in my op? Sad, really really sad! OH AND BTW WE ARE NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY AS THIS POST STATES TO HAVE THAT SHIT GOING ON...IT IS IN EVERY COUNTRY!!!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010