scrapbook supply storage decorations???

I have some glass jars that i am reusing. They used to be jelly jars and things like that. They are of different sizes and i would like to decorate them but i'm not sure how.
Does anyone know any good ways to decorate these glass jars? what kind of paint to use or what would look pretty and stick to glass jars?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There is a stain glass paint, I don't know what it's called but I am sure they would know at the craft store. I love using tissue paper and modge podge (sp?) - rip (same color or different color) tissue paper in squares, triangles, etc and use the modge podge to "paint" it on in any pattern. Finish with a sealer type finishing spray. Have fun ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Use rub-ons to lable your jars but do not cover them completely. let the embelishments inside be the maid decorations for you jars. It ill make finding what you need easier and it will give you your own look.
    Micheleh04

Answer by Micheleh04 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• If you are using them to store your scrapping supplies and embellishments I wouldn't put anything over them. They will be pretty all on there own with your things on them. Maybe tie on a ribbon but thats all I would do. I think a jar full of ribbon, one full of brads, and one full of buttons with coordinating ribbons on them would be pretty and functional too.
    MsEmsMom110

Answer by MsEmsMom110 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2010