Adult Sleepovers

OK i am a single mom, I am 39 and have a 16 year old son. I have been seeing this guy for a few months, we are crazy about each other, my son has met him and they get along awesome. My son has seen us kiss and cuddle and stuff, but I think we are ready to have him start spending the night a tmy place once in a while. I have already spent a few nights with him at his place and in hotels for new years. Do you guys have any advice for adult sleepovers when you have teen age kids at home?

dandeecandi

Asked by dandeecandi at 12:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Ask your son how he would feel, tell him if hes not comfortable then your BF wont stay @ the house. I think the most important thing is to make sure your son never has to feel umcomfortable in his own home. :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Or if DS isnt excited about, let him sleep at a friends house for that night.
    Its a great idea to include your DS in this, but you are still the parent, I'll bet you dont include him in ALL decisions. Maybe that is a win-win for now, 'til he is more okay with it and not grossed out by it. (Come on, when you were that age did you admit to yourself that your parents had sex?)
    I guess just ease into it?
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 12:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with BOTH of the previous posts.Good luck.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with the other posters, discuss it with your son and see how he feels about it because it's your son's house too. Also be prepared for your son at some point asking if he can have a gf stay over. Living together in a serious relationship can work out great as long as you and your son are on the same page. Good luck!
    Sheila1970

Answer by Sheila1970 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. Make sure your son is ok with it. He likes your bf right now, but if he's not comfortable with him spending the night, he'll find ways to express it. Also, the only other thing I would mention is to ask, how serious are you and your bf? I mean, I know you say you're ready for him to spend the night, but what I'm asking is are you thinking of moving in together at some point, or potentially even getting married? If you're thinking along either of those lines, that would be good to tell your son as well, so that he can see that this is not something you are taking lightly, but that the relationship is serious and this is just another step towards an end goal.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i know when i was a teen (it might be different because he is a boy - plus every kid is different) i wanted my mom to meet someone she really liked. i still do. lol. i dont know how i would have felt if she had a boyfriend sleeping over though. i would definately talk to him to see how he feels. i agree with the previous posters basically.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010