Accidently ate "special" brownies, im breast feeding shld i switch to formula for a while? And how long? How can i get it out of my system?

dont judge theres more to the story

sarah_mama

Asked by sarah_mama at 12:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• well how many of them did you eat?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• drink lots of water... it varies more on how much you eat! Also, Cranberry juice flushes the system while taking cranberry pills! Usually, we figure one bowl takes 3 days to get out of your system unless you do a body cleaner but that's HELL (everything drains out of you!)... as far as breastfeeding, I have no idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Milk thistle and burdock will cleanse your liver and kidneys and yeah drink lots of water 3-4 days...I wouldn't think it would be wise to breastfeed, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• if you switch to formula for a few days (because if you ate a lot of brownies then it WILL show in your milk) make sure you pump your milk as often as you can. THC apparently decreases milk production and you don't want to contribute to that.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I would switch to formula for a few days just to be safe. I'm not sure how long it takes to leave your system.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• hmmm. i wonder though if THC is worse then formula. ...a little bit of internet searching of everything that is in most formula's and how those effect the baby might be helpful.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Thanks thats helps ill try all i can
    sarah_mama

Answer by sarah_mama at 12:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I've been searching and haven't found any negative effects of pot and infants... the worst I've found is schitzophrenia at age 12 from mothers who smoked pot heavily all the time. Just drink a lot of water and cranberry juice, it will be out of your system soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Pot stays in your body for up to 30 days!!! And pot has the same affects as alcohol on a baby. Pump and dump for atleast a couple of days and stay away from the special brownies until you aren't bf anymore.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• pot only stays in your system for 30 days if you are a regular smoker. if you don't use it regularly it should be out of your system in 3-5 days. ...maybe even 1 day.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2010