HELP! My Baby will not sleep through the night!

I am a mother of 2 boys. a 3 yr old and a 7month old. I know all kids are different but, my first slept through the night at 4 months. My 7 month old wakes up every 3 to 4 hours. I got him down to no more than 2 feedings a night but he still wakes up. He shares a bedroom with his brother and so he can't just scream, though I have tried that. he will scream for 2 hours strait untill I can no longer take it. the moment I pick him up he falls a sleep but I am now awake. I need help. I do not want him doing this when he is 1 yr old let alone 8 months.

Micheleh04

Asked by Micheleh04 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you against co-sleeping?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Wow, the sharing room thing makes it difficult.
    Long story short, I had a baby that wasnt sleeping through the night at 6 months. I had sleep deprivation so bad, the dr thought I had MS.
    Finally when he realized I wasnt getting any sleep, he pointed his finger at me and said..."At her age she doesnt NEED to eat at night, you let her cry it off and DO NOT go in there."
    It was SOOO hard for me, but slowly she cried less at each waking, woke less, and after 2-3 weeks she was sleeping through the night.
    Again the room sharing makes that hard, maybe a make shift bed else where for the older one 'til you get through it?
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 1:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Sleeping through the night at four months is highly unusual. Most babies are well past their first birthday before they sleep though the night on a regular basis.

I strongly recommend cosleeping for a few months; you will all sleep better.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• do you give him a bottle right before bed? that seemed to help my dd, she is 10 months and has been sleeping really well since about 7/8 months. however i did "ferberize" her so that helped a TON but now she is good to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2010