1st birthday party questions

Did anyone do a craft for the kids at their childs first birthday party? If so, what did you do? What did everyone think about it? Is it overboard to do a craft at childs first birthday party? Can a one year old even do a craft?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a table with a bunch of coloring pages (of puppies cuz it was puppy themed) and crayons. Then I had a table with sentence strips and pre-cut dog ears for kids to make as party "hats". Another table can be painting, water play, etc. I got a lot of ideas from this website http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Use Oriental Trading company! They have awesome crafts for super cheap! I think 1 year olds can certainly do very simple crafts, like fingerpainting or coloring....or perhaps even gluing a few things together....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• crafts for a 1yr old, no! the frosting and eating cake is a craft to them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• No I didnt' have a craft for my one year old. they just want to run around and play. they don;t sit long enough to do a craft I think. I say don't waste your money or time with it. Wait until the child is 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• No crafts the whole party in itself is enough to keep thier attention and too many things will make them cranky and not want to do anything at all. We had balloons for her to play with and food she could get hersefl to eat, and of course her own little cake to mash up and eat. She was so busy with all the people and the balloons and the food that a craft would have been too much and she would have ended up overwhelemed and cranky.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2010