i need help with my daughther does anybody else's kid do this

ok my 6 yrd old daughter is in kinder garden and she is haveing problems in school the teacher is going to do some test on her. but when she comes home i will be listening to her say her numbers and letters in her room but when she gets to school she acts as if she knows none of it.. and her homework is sometimes a struggle and sometimes not... does anybody else have this situation????? what can i do??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 1:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i used to have that problem with DS1 who is also in kindergarten. ...he loves school so i told him that if he didn't try harder at school that they would kick him out and he wouldn't go to that school any more and he wouldn't have the same friends any more.
    all of a sudden his work changed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• sounds like defiance, she can do it but doesn't want to do it when told to. It is a discipline issue, she should lose things for not doing what she is asked when she is asked. I like what outstadning did though that is pretty funny.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• She might be getting to much pressure from everybody to, so she is shutting down! My son did somthing similar but it was with his writing and sounding out that he wouldn't do without help but when you helped he knew it all! He started getting trouble in school and everything so when he got home we would take toys away.. One night he broke down and started crying and couldn't stop and then finally told me he was scared to do anything in school because he would get in trouble and then would lose his toys... So we sat down and talked a long time about what was going on.. After the talk we decided that the toys wouldn't be taken away if he could just do his best in class and that's all we wanted! Since that day he has been doing ALL his work and the teacher said he is doing sooo much better and I have my son back! Talk to her maybe she will open up to you, figure out what is really going on. It might be a cry for help.. gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2010