help me

so i had a c-section three years ago..never had pain until now three years later.. my scar is red.. swollen.. irritated.. and i'm in pain.. is that normal??

should i go to the hospital..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Health

• I just looked it up on the internet because I have read this question a few times lately and am SCARED for myself! I am about to have my 3rd c-section and had no idea this could happen. Anyways, some of the women said it was due to the following: endometriosis, "part of their uterus still hanging out. I guess doctors aren't perfect.", lumps, etc. Some were commenting that the incision site smelled badly, years after the surgery!!! I would get it checked ASAP. I hope it's an easy fix for you!!!!!!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• For sure I would go to the hospital. I had a c-section 2 years ago and that does not seem normal at all. it shouldn;t be painful 3 years later. I have feeling there now so pain there is not a good sign. Don't wait to see if it goes away...get it checked and know it was nothing them not get it checked and it turn into something worse.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• thanks ladies. i just took a vicodin and i'm doing a lil better.. soo i'm going to wiat till morning to go.. so i can have someone take me for the just in case..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2010