Which would you prefer? Stiches or glue?

I am having a c-section in a week and a half and know for sure I don't want staples cause I had them last time and hate them. So this time I am trying to decide which would be better? I have a 2 year old so I dont want the pain that the staples gave me,they pulled my skin everytime I would sit up or walk.

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If staples are done right you don't feel them and they are removed before you go home, mine were, and take it from me you DO NOT want your incision to open, mine did because I was overactive when I went home, that is the most awful painful thing ever in the whole world. Staples might be uncomfortable but it beats the hell out of busting open believe me.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Uhmmm I would still choose staples! I would think stitches would hurt even more than staples and I would be deathly afraid that glue would not be enough....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I had a c/s in aug 2009 and they gave me glue and butterfly bandaids... at my 2 week check they took the bandaids off. had no infection, no pulling. and didnt have to go threw the pain to get those dang stapels removed.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Is glue even an option for a wound of that size? I would choose stitches.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Stitches. Glue would be scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• from what i've seen, it's dr's choice. you can tell them what you want, but they'll probably end up doing what they want. and seeing how the staples are much faster, they'll probably stick w/ that. i didn't see but maybe 1 dr that did stitches. and w/ the staples, they'll add the steristrips to it also.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Staples, i had them my last pregnancy and they didnt hurt at all!! even when they removed them.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I didn't have a good experience with the staples. Glue,they have used that on many patience and worked totally fine. I told my DR. i do not want staples and she said thats fine so I was going to get stitches. I think i still may?
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I had the glue and then found out the hard way that I was allergic to the adhesive in the steri strips. That was soooo not fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• my mom had the glue and she love it also compared to people that had staples you can see her scare every much at all unless you no that its there
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2010