What do you think of moms who strip?

Do you admire them? Do you think they're cheap? Do you worry for their safety? Do you worry about their kids' safety?

My personal opinion on it...I really don' t know. Because some women love to strip and who can slam someone for loving what they do? But at the same time...it's gotta be hard to walk that line between mother and stripper. Especially with your reputation in the toilet most likely by other parents, your kids' friends' parents especially.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that i hope they can do it while keeping their dignity. ...that's all. If they can do that and make good money too then congrats to them. but if they are sleezy and do the dirty side jobs ...well, that's prostitution and with kids involved that's just not a good idea.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I think stripping for a career is wrong if you are a mom or not, it is degrading. I think it is just a step below prostitution, there are plenty of other jobs that pay well where you don't have to take off your clothes, and I cannot imagine what it would be like for a child to grow up with mommy stripping that would cause so many problems for them that they may not get over ever. When you are a mom you are a role model and stripping is not role model behavior.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I think I wish I looked like that after all these kids I've birthed out!
    I dont understand any woman that gets naked for money, but I am not every women, so I dont really have an opinion.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 3:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Honestly...I wouldn't do it. Then again, that's easy for me to say because I have a husband who supports me. Some mothers aren't as lucky, and I suppose if I had no other choice, and couldn't find a job...I'd do it to feed my son. I've never known a stripper who was proud of it. I've also never known one whose children knew what they did. I honestly feel bad for a lot of strippers, because I know some of them don't like their jobs, but truly can't find another job that pays enough to pay all of their bills...especially with those hours. Strippers make a lot of money. However, the ones I've known that have had children have been surprisingly good mothers, and weren't the type you'd ever expect to be strippers. A lot of people judge them, and it's really not anyone's place to judge unless they know the entire situation. I just realized that it sounds like I've known a ton of strippers, lol. Really, only about a handful. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with you true, but unfortunately the high-demand for sex (by men) keeps strip clubs in business and gives women the right to get a job stripping. As long as it's legal, I don't care what they do, but if a club is doing it ILLEGALLY like "sex slavery" than put a torch to the place.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• As a woman I find it degrading. I personally do not understand why any woman would do such a thing, but I think differently then others. Our society has lost it's morals and desire to do the right thing. As a mother I want my son to know I have earned an honest living and that is what I expect from him in turn.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• This just proves that men are disgusting and demean women for their own pleasure and it makes me sick, I am still pissed about my DH's bachelor party with lap dances and that was 3 years ago. The sad thing is that the way people think now makes immoral behvior out to be ok because of the rise in it's my choice I do what I want, and that is wrong thinking. That is why there are 12 year old having sex, when I was 12 I couldn't even wrap my mind around sex let alone to be doing it. GAH sorry I am just horrified. Off topic my Dh is a cop, and he was talking to another cop who works at a loca HS and he told him about a guy who walked byt a girl in the hall he had never met and said "hey how about a blow job?" She said "yeah sure" and then gave him head right there in the school hallway. I am appauled by that, I don't want to send my kids to HS ever with shit like that happeing.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• The sad thing is that the way people think now makes immoral behvior out to be ok because of the rise in it's my choice I do what I want, and that is wrong thinking. That is why there are 12 year old having sex,

----------

Not true. they are more sexually open in almost all other European countries and they have lower teenage pregnancy statistics.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• That isn't what I meant, in Europe they are open and honest about ALL of it, where as here we are having a major increase in sexual behaviors that seem 'cool' and there is no education to back any of it up. I am woefully against abstinence only teaching, I think that kids need ALL the info because then they make educated choices not just hormonal ones.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• True the girl you husband told you about had zero self respect as well as the boy in question. As a mother of a teenager I will tell you right now I would beat the hell out of my son if he was do something of this nature!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2010