Is this true?

If your baby's heart rate is over 140 it's more likely it's a girl and if it's under it's a boy? I read that in "what to expect..." have doctors confirmed this?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A lot of doctors will say that, but you have to keep in mind what you ate before the reading, if you had sugary food then their rate will be higher, if they are sleeping it may be lower, if they are active higher, so it can be true but it is about 35% accurate. Also I am not a fan of that book, it is a scary horrible book, that ignores some real things and tells you some crazy ridiculous crap. I liked your pregnancy week by week much better it was more honest and less weird and scary, and it is more honest about labor and birth.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• That's an old wives tale. It's fun to guess but not true. A baby's heart rate can change with the hour.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 3:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I've been told that..my doc even said the saying is blah blah....and then he also said it just depends on how much room the baby has to move around in there...ther more room the faster the hb, the less room the slower the hb.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My son's heartbeat was in the 140s to 150s... It's an old wives tale...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• my daughter had 142 bpm. (usually around the 140's) so i think its not true. my son was always high like 150-160.. so idk.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• wives tale.

I have 3 girls, their heartbeats were different at every check. depended on the day and time I was checked. sometimes high and sometimes low.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2010