my 19 month old is having fever due to teething. Need help

is 90.0 F now his 95.2 F is normal? His body is really cold. Should I be worried. The previous night he had temp of 101.6. Thank u.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you sure he is that cold, because if he is you need to get him to the hospital right away, something is wrong. How are you taking his temp? I would do a rectal to be sure because if he is that cold something is very very wrong.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My kids always spiked a little fever when they were teething. Just keep an eye on it. He should be fine. If it spikes any higher than 102.0 and won't go down, take him in!
    tishalb

Answer by tishalb at 3:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• if it's that low it's probly not teething, I'd take him to the doctor, my son is the same age, and getting some teeth in, and his temp hasn't been low, but higher, around 100.5 at the highest. GL
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i have checked by mouth and it's now 96.5 F. Doc checked him 2 days ago and there is no virus or bacteria. I am monitoring his body temp keeping him warm. Thank you ladies for your advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• be sure that your thermometer is working...check it on yourself if you have to. fevers while teething are common, and don't require intervention, just keep your lo comfortable. that low temp does seem odd.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2010