Can they just go back into my bank account when they want?

Well my job deposit money in my account. As a retailiation doing because of a report, they tried to take it back but it didn't go through because I took out the money. Is it true that in FL its illegal to try to take money out of someone's account even after you deposit it?

Thanks

HimandI2007

Asked by HimandI2007 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have no clue. Hope you get an answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Get a lawyer, file a complaint on them that is illegal everywhere. Unless you authorize a withdrawl then NOONE can take money out of your account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Also them trying to take it because you made a report that is illegal, the bank shoudl get in trouble too for letting them try without authoriztion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• If the deposit was too much - such as depositing your paycheck twice, or accidentally giving your account someone else's money, they can and should take it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I had an employer overpay me on my last paycheck and they were able to take the money back out. I just did the paperwork to change my husband's automatic deposit to a new checking account and I noticed the form said right on it that he was also authorizing them to take money out of his account in the event of a mistake.

limitedtime

Answer by limitedtime at 10:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Contact your state's department of labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Your bank should be able to do a stop payment on that for you even if your employer thinks they had the prior okay to do so to your account.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 12:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2010