Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son just drank CETAPHIL the skin cleanser.

He is ten months old and broke out in hives last night so the doctor told us to wash it with the cleanser he gave us for him. Well, my husband left the lid open last night and I looked over and my son was nawing on the top. I'm not sure if he drank it or not.


What should I do?
He doesn't act bothered by it.

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (9)
  • Call the number on the back of the container for accidental ingestion. Chances are, he will be fine. But, call them, they will tell you what to do. They will even call back in a reasonable amount of time and see if he is ok.
    DeannaR4

    Answer by DeannaR4 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • Call poison control. They will let you know what to do, if in fact you need to do anything.
    Freela

    Answer by Freela at 9:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • lol
    your first kid, eh? He'll be fine... IF he drank any, it would not have been much. It tastes awful, most kids will not intentionally continue to ingest anything that tastes that bad. The worst that would happen, is that he'll have the runs for a few hours to a day, a little upset stomach, and the only thing you can do is give him some bananas & rice (they slow his system down). a bottle of milk would help too (I assume he is ff fed).

    go ahead and call, but they'll tell you the same. especially since you are not sure if he drank it.

    it is with industrial cleaners, medications, and things like liquid makeup that you should be concerned. facial cleansers, liquid hand soaps, shampoo, etc. will only give him a loose stool, and TRUST ME- he will not drink very much of them!
    ObbyDobbie

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • FIRST OF ALL MAKE SURE YOU DO THE LID FOR NOW ON LOL
    AND AS FOR THE RASH CALMIN AND BENADRIL TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THAT MY DAUGHTER BRAKES OUT IN HIVES AND I GIVE HER THAT
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • FIRST OF ALL,  AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU SHOULD GET OFF THE INTERNET AND CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!

    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • well get the hell off of here and CALL POISON CONTROL...seriously wtf?
    threeeunder3

    Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • Thanks for all the help ladies....considering it is the after hours and I did call and I was awaiting a phone call from both his doctor and poison control and I was online looking up the product and what to do if swallowed, I must be a horrible mom.

    Forgive me for ever thinking maybe you all could have some advice to help.


    What a bunch of bitches.


    Thank you all for who answered sincerely.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • OP- I'm sorry you got so many hysterical responses... and I hope you did not feel I was being preachy. After having 3 kids, you learn really quickly what IS an emergency, and what's not. being a mom is a learning experience, and one that is often a little frightening. You did what you thought was best, and then asked for reassurance. nothing wrong with that. SMILE! It could have been worse, he could have eaten a dug turd, like my little man did when he was 9 months old! lol
    ObbyDobbie

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • I didn't think you were being preachy. The last two responses really upset me. I shouldn't have acted out like I had. That was wrong of me. Thank you Obby for helping out. :)
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN