When you're in your late 40's missed periods?

Missed periods? They start happening or not happening? How do you know its that & you're not pregnant? How to deal and know? Especially if you have no insurance, clinics or decent medical care near? This is new and unknown to me! All my friends have had hysterectomies. So I have no one I can trust or ask. You're my only help. Thanks' for caring to reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Health

• I am 46. Just this past year, I have started to miss periods. NO, I know there is NO way I am pregnant. But, I am sure loving every minute of it. I have gone 3-4 months without one lately... I just hope they go away for good now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Id try to get to a dr some how to be checked out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Your hormones are out of wack, feeling a little anxious???the begining of menopause.

Answer by older at 10:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It's menopause. Enjoy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• 48 almost 49 here. Had a tubal a llloooonnnggg time ago. so I know I am not pregnant. But loving not having a period. I hope one of thesedays I just never have another. I go 3-4 months with out having a period most times. I here all these terrible thing about menopause, hot flash's etc..... I have not had any,,,,yet.

Answer by louise2 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Forgot to answer. I think you need to go talk to a doctor. At a free clinic if possible about this.

Answer by louise2 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You need to see a doctor so they can do a test on whether you going through Peri Menopause Symptoms.  Some women have no symptoms and other like me in that article experience all.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

I manage my symptoms with black cohosh, a healthy diet, and a daily serving of good soy (tofu, edamame, etc.) Feel free to contact me offlist if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• A few of my girlfriends are going through this and they are in their late 30's and one missed 3 periods last year and my cousin comes on now every 2 months.
    ginene

Answer by ginene at 2:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010