Suddenly oily skin

Just in the last 3-4 months, my forehead has suddenly become extremely oily. Like pizza oily. I've tried using every face wash I can think of, from ones designed for blemishes and oily skin to ones that are mostly chemical free (thinking that my skin is sometimes sensitive and perhaps I was making it worse with the chemicals in the washes). Nothing seems to be helping. I'm wondering (a) if anyone else has had this sudden oil problem, and (b) what else I can do to try to get rid of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Well, not a sudden oily problem, more of a lifelong one...stay away from ANYTHING designed for oily skin...all it ever does is clog your pores & dry your skin out so much it can't breath..in my experience they just exacerbate the problem. You need to moisturize...even though that seems like the thing you don't think you should do..oily skin is crying out for moisture...go to your local health food store and find a good natural moisturizer...avoid anything with shea butter, almond oil, or any other oil for that matter and never buy any product with tea tree oil in it...a common ingredient used in moisturizers designed for oily skin..another word they use for tea tree oil is melaleuca alternifolia or melaleuca oil, avoid these ingredients like the plague~! Consider yourself fortunate...women with oily skin don't age as fast as everyone else..oh, and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate from the inside out ie: drink lot'sa water~!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• ps...I use ALBA pineapple enzyme facial cleanser from the health food store. It works great for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I use the oil of olay Pore Refining Mousse Skin Cleanser it works wonders. I wash 3 times a day. I too have sudden oily skin :( It does help my skin not be so oily. Also if you go to http://olayforyou.com/  they can help put together a recommended skin treatment combo for your skin.

GOOD LUCK

Anonymous

• I've never heard of skin suddenly becoming oily, so you might want to mention it to your dr just in case it is a symptom fo something else.

If it is "just" oily skin then my advice to you is to gently cleanse, tone and moisturise because while it might be a pain in the ass now, you will learn to appreciate it when you are older and look 10 years younger.  I've had oily hair and skin all my life and now at 46 none of the age indicators (face, neck, hands and hair) show their age.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010