How can I soothe a 3 wk old that has colic?

Momma_E2010

Asked by Momma_E2010 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a wrap.

baby upright against your belly and chest - your movements help to stimulate any gas, and just calm baby. got one when my youngest was 5 weeks - and her colic went away. it was miraculous. lol and I was the BIGGEST skeptic out there. it takes a bit to figure out the ties but once you do its a breeze. I wish I had one with my older 2.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• breast feed and co bed
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• wrap tightly. My dd had to be in a swing to calm her, sometimes I would have to let the tub run and hold her right next to it so she could hear that noise since it calmed her. Try gripe water or ask your dr if they suggest some tea's that calm baby, good luck, just know it will end soon! ALSO find someone to help you! That is the best way to deal with it, get a neighbor, friend, family member whatever to just take the baby for a couple hours so you can sleep and recharge. I know it's sooo hard, your being a good mommy keep it up!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 10:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Swaddle snuggly. Carry close to you in a sling or wrap. Gripe water and colic tablets can help - as can gas relief drops (Mylicon). Most important - - ask for help from family and friends so that you can get some rest, and know that this too shall pass!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• If a tight swaddle and/or wearing baby do not help I would look at diet. Some babies have a dairy intolerance, which is not a true allergy, but they can't tolerate cow's milk in their diet. Both of my boys had it. I had to cut all dairy form my diet, as they were breastfed. If you ff, then it would be a switch to soy formula. Try the other suggestions first. If they don't work for after a week, try an elimination diet or talk to your ped about either switching formulas. Also try Kellymom.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with breastfeed, co-sleep, swaddle, and wearing the baby in a sling or wrap. If you aren't breastfeeding its not to late to relactate. It is very rare that a mother has to limit foods from her diet even if there is a history of allergies in the family.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Hold him and vaccume
    mimi4157

Answer by mimi4157 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• vaccume , it works everytime . For the first few months my floors have never been cleaner
    Anonymous

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRkI5wVIqQ

Read "The Happiest Baby on the Block".

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• breastfeed your baby on demand, co sleep, carry your baby in a sling or wrap against your chest as much as you can during the day, belly massage, warm bath, bicycle her legs up and towards her belly to help relieve any gas.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 2:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2010