Medicaid and Pregnancy

So they said me and my husband are not qualified for medicaid. That means my 2 kids are not qualified. Is there anything else we can do to make sure they get the care they need. If I get pregnant though with out insurance even if I dont qualify for medicaid now will that make me automatically qualify??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Um, Honey.. if you know this stuff, why would you TRY to get pregnant... There are preventions you can take to NOT let this happen. Sorry, you don't qualify... someone needs to get a better job. It's the way IT SHOULD work Honey..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• And so it goes

America at it's best, right here!!  This is what Americans do to try to outwit the system.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Now someone say something about people trying to get pregnant to get PA not being true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• yes you automatically qualify for medicaid if you are pregnant but like the pp you should not try to get pregnant if you can't afford insurance. if you can't afford insurance you can't afford the other necessities
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 11:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• oh and then on top of that your kids won't have medicaid only you during your pregnancy and the newborn up to 1 yr so what's the point
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 11:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Check out CHIP. Your children should qualify.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I live in Kentucky and here when you get pregnant you automatically qualify... and like PP the CHIP program should cover your children if you can not afford insurance, go to your local foodstamp office and talk to them about it. I know people say if you can not afford it don't get pregnant...But I know if my parents had waited until they could really afford it then I wouldn't be here and neither would my 3 brothers or my sister...so do what you think is right...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• In FL you could qualify for pregnant women's medicaid. There is no quarantee but if you lie on an ap and get caught you would have to pay the benefits back.. There is another option here for chidren without insurance. It's called healthy kids and you would be more likely to qualify for that if medicaid denies you but there may or may not be a premium some as low as $15.00 a mo. Call around and see what your state offers.
    marisa36

Answer by marisa36 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree. You can probably recieve CHIP.
    litninbug

Answer by litninbug at 3:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I completely understand where you are coming from. I have 3 boys and one of them has seizures, allergies, and asthma. I have a college degree as a nurse and health insurance is always way too expensive when offered through my employer. Also there is always a deductible yearly as well as every office visit. Not to mention medication. After my sons last seizure with no insurance I ended up quiting my job and now my kids have medicaid and my son is finally seeing a nuerologists. All those people who say this is just soooo bad well you need to walk in my shoes and see what you can do better...........
    Anonymous