planned parenthood

I was on their website and it said that they charge for their services. Does anyone know about how much they charge to go in and get BC pills??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how much money you make. You have to bring check stubs to prove your income. You can't just walk in and say you're jobless, getting help requires all sorts of verification.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• They have a sliding scale fee system. You don't just walk in and get what you need for free. Call. Make an appointment and ask the person exactly what you need to bring in terms of pay stub, unemployment, etc… The fees will be different for a woman in different areas as well - cost of living, etc…
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• When I was 18, living with my parents, and working part time getting minimum wage in CA, I paid $5 for a months worth. They did a full pap before they gave them to me and I'm pretty sure there was no charge for that (but don't quote me because it was about 11 years ago!)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 12:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Their services are on a sliding scale.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2010