Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get pass this? Please help

My boyfriend got mad at me because I told him that if he doesn't start helping out that I'm going to have to put him on child support. He said I'm a bitch for saying that and that he's going to kill his self so I won't get anything. He also said that he's out on the street sleeping in his car and has nowhere to stay and that I don't care about him. He has nearly a thousand dollars and hasn't found a place because he is always out hanging with silly friends. I don't want him to die and I'm so stressed and don't want to go into labor early. He has said he was gonna kill his self before but he never does and I found out he only says that so I can feel sorry for him and not tell him to get anything for our baby. Please help. I'm worried and he shut off his phone and I can't get in contact with him.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • He has a lot of issues that you cannot help him with. Whether or not he is suicidal him telling you he is going to kill himself every time he is frustrated with you is a way to control you or the situation. Bottom line is he is way to unstable for a relationship and you should really consider cutting him out of your life for now bc you don't know if his wanting to kill himself will turn to wanting to kill you too or your child as well. People tell you exactly who they are whether you want to believe it or not. Listen to the things he says and take him seriously, just bc he never acted on his threats before doesn't mean he won't. If he is homeless or just without a home of his own, job, money etc. he cannot help you right now. Clearly he needs to help himself first and I wouldn't want him around my child either. You are not responsible for his emotions or well being, get yourself together, you have a child to think about

    Answer by 1st_LadyD at 11:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • If he directly told you he was going to kill himself, I'd call the police and ask them what to do. He's using this to use your compassion and fear. He's not serious most likely but once they find him and put him in the mental ward, you can rest assured, he will have a warm clean bed, food to eat and so such for the few days that he is there. And btw, if he does kill himself, you will indeed get something once his name is on the birth certifcate... social security.
    If he genuinely does live in his car, does he have a job? If so, then he will be paying child support if you're smart enough to push it. If you're just pregnant with his child, he has no responsibilities to the child by law as far as I know until the child is born so threats aren't going to work until you're actually able to file but you've messed up threatening before delivery (if I understood right) because will he put his name on the dotted line now?

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • It's called manipulation. He's controlling you and getting out from responsibility. I agree to call the police if he is claiming he will kill himself. Yes i would file for cs. They can't make him pay if they can't find him but in all honesty he only has to pay them $50 a month if he is not working. If he is homeless he may even be able to claim some sort of hardship and not pay the $50 but it will add up so when he does work he can pay it. I don't mean to be morbid but if he's proven to be the dad and he does kill himself the child gets social security. I know that sounds mean of me but if he's gone the child lives on and has to be provided for

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • well if he knew anything if he did kill himself u would still get money for that child from ssi, go ahead and fill for child support anyway. when my hubby was with his ex who he has a baby girl with he set up child support for him to pay while they were still together becouse he didnt know what kind of shit she was gonna pull and he would be stuck paying back child support

    Answer by angelairelan at 11:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • What a loser! Quit talking to him and quit giving him free sex! File for child support and focus on your baby, not this baby man.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • Tell him "see ya!"

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • girl you need to leave him for the sake of your child, I have been in a relationship like that before and it is sooooo unhealthy and not waht you want your child growing up around
    side note- call somone in his fam or the hosp and tell them he is threatening suicide
    good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010