baby first b day??

so ladies im trying to figure out what to do for my first childs first birthday party =0) im torn i wanna do absolutely the best i can lol kinda like its our first and last haha

i would enjoy some first b day stories and themes maybe? i was thinking about disney cars or rockstar maybe carebears

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 11:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We had this tradition when I was younger and we have carried it into the next generation of kids in our family. On their first birthday it is usually just family and we make a bear cake (decorated boy or girl style) the kind that is 3D. (Wilton has the cake pan). Anyways the bear cake gets put on the high chair with the birthday child. They get to tear into it and get all messy. The older kids enjoy it too, cause the little one gives "bites" lol. We do make a smaller cake or cupcakes for everyone else too. The birthday child only gets the cake for alittle bit and it is a mess but it is also memorable for everyone. Have fun~~
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 11:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• we had all the family over and had a BBQ for each of their birthdays.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My son's first birthday theme was blues clues. I rented a gym in our area and invited all of my family to come. We had some snacks and games for the bigger kids. My son was little but had a great time.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• For all 3 of my boys we had a a small party with us, the grandparents, 2 great grandparents, my sis and her hubs (now ex). For each birthday there was a theme and some decorations, I served food and birthday cupcakes and ice cream.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I think for the first bday, less is more. They don't remember it, and tend to get overwhelmed with huge parties. A little cake or cupcake, family and close friends, take lots of pics of course. My SIL had this huge party with pinata and tons of people. It was a circus and totally rediculous.
    Anonymous