how do I make my 2 yr to sleep by herself.tell me something from your experience

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 11:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good Luck. My son is 6 and still asks to sleep in my bed... he even sneaks in there when I'm asleep. When I first started working on it, I would play some music for him and that would sometimes work or I would lay with him until he fell asleep.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I never them sleep with me, they had their own room from day one. Got up many times and was with them in their room until they fell asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It took 2 weeks but i would take my daughter on a walk after dinner and then put her in her crib and I know its hard but let them cry for 15 mins and if they are still up then keep them in their crib and try reading to them or ocean music on something that will help sooth them to sleep my daughters doctor just told me to have her cry herself to sleep all night but there ways no way i could do that so now I just turn on music and read to her
    1stimemom09

Answer by 1stimemom09 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Sleep on the floor in the room with her (leave when she falls asleep). Do not make eye contact.. If she is in a bed and gets up to go to you do not speak to her just keep putting her back in her bed even if it is 100 times! Should take about 2 weeks.. Its hard but be consistent!!!
    squinn51504

Answer by squinn51504 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Throw a sleep in her own bed party. Invite family and friends make a little cake and give her new pajamas. Empower her with a flashlight incase she wakes up put it under her pillow. If you have that old baby monitor bring it out. Decide on a schedule and actually sit down and go over it with her post it on her wall before the party. Let her brag and get excited about being a big girl. Support her and believe in her.
    lisa77896

Answer by lisa77896 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010