for mommies on medicaid

how long did it take for you to get on medicaid, from the time you put in your app. thanks so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i applied in september and got my medicaid card effective Nov. 1st
    i was told the case worker has 30days to review it...it sucks....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• They told me 45days
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 11:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• it can take up to 45 days but they cover any medical expenses that you had before and during your wait if you're approved in the end
    Anonymous

• It took me a month only because I had to wait for my birth cert. but i wonder if it matter what state your in
    Anonymous

• We got foodstamps and medicaid the same day (caseworker was awesome!)
    Anonymous

• I never got anything like that until I found out I was pregnant, and I got it that day. I live in KY and now any woman in the state can get medicaid regardless of income while she is pregnant, I got a temporary one that was just a piece of paper until my real one came in the mail.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It took about 30 days, but it was retroactive 90 days, meaning I was covered for the 2 months before I actually applied.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 2:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i got it the same day that .... they have up to 30 days but they can give you temp. medicade so u can go to ur dr the medicade will bay anything 3 months prior
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I applied at the health dept and got temp medicaid right away, My gold card arived about 3days later. That is the quickest I have ever seen the state process an ap. They have 30-45days to decide. But they can cover bills that are up to three months old
    marisa36

Answer by marisa36 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• i was told it would take atleast 21 day for them to approve an application and several more to get a card but i had my card less than 15 days after turning in my application
    MissieB.

Answer by MissieB. at 10:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010