Sex...

i stoped bleeding after like a week&half after my c-section, iv taken this better them most women do my doc told me im 22ys old and was walking as soon as the cather came out. i no they say wait 6-8weeks to have sex but am i in the clear around 4? ? i no my muscle's arent fully heeled but i want to and i feel fine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you got the ok from your Dr they you can have sex. Just take it slow.
    Anonymous

• we did @ 5 weeks....just be careful, and not too rough lol! make sure your on birth control or use protection, cause you could get preg again! lol
    Anonymous

• i would still wait, they tell you to wait for a reason. i would follow the instructions given to you so that you don't cause harm.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It is probably better to wait. Your c-section, even though you feel wonderful, is probably not complete healed. Also, I think they say 6-8 weeks for healing time, and because you are more prone to getting an infection down/in there so soon after having a baby.
    Anonymous

• My dr cleared me for sex before 6-8 weeks after my c-section. He had me in for a 2 week followup and cleared me to take baths instead of just showers, and then at a 4 week followup he cleared me for sex. You could always call and ask your dr if you're really feeling up to it. I wouldn't do it w/o the dr's ok, though, just b/c it could cause problems if you're not healed enough.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2010