Blood Clots durning period (TMI sorry)

Usually during my period i get blood clots, usually i get a little cramping if any at all. Well i got my period yesterday and all was good until i woke up this morning and i was passing so many clots it look like i pooped (saw it in the toilet of course) but with the clots i had extreme cramps like never before besides during labor. But they hurt so bad i could hardley stand so i waited and waited and still had it so about an hour latter i got in the shower thinking maybe warm water will help. Well wrong i had bad cramping for about 2&1/2 hr hours total. Anyone know why this happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Health

• Could you have been pregnant? I had a miscarriage at 6w and it was very similar, lots of cramping and passing clots. I too always have some clots during a regular period, but this was really heavy, really crampy, and lots and lots of clots. That's the only thing I can think of. Either that or if you've just come off hormonal birth control.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Go to the doctor and tell them what happen. They can give u a pregnancy test to determine if it was one. I had one and that is what it sound like. Good luck.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 7:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• thats how my miscarry was at 7 wks. at first it was like regular period and then bam! a cup of blood and some serious clots. my cramps lasted all day tho.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2010