A question about vacuuming when you live in an upstairs apartment...............

My husband and I just moved into an apartment where we have neighbors directly below us. I have been thinking that when I do the vacuuming it has to be pretty loud for the ladies downstairs. What is the earliest I should vacuum in the morning and the latest at night? Our neighbors do not work and are home most of the time. I was thinking only vacuum only from 10;00 am to 8;00 pm. does that sound reasonable? Sorry for the silly question, but this is the first time we have had downstairs neighbors and we are just trying to be courteous.

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 12:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would go downstairs and introduce myself to the neighbor ladies. Let them know that you just moved in and you've never been on a second floor before. Just tell them that you do not want to be rude and ask if they have any activities that they go to during the day so you can vacuum. You can kind of laugh it off and say "i know this sounds kind of silly but..." and see how they respond. Not knowing you well enough they may not be very forthcoming as they may think you are trying to case the joint for a future burglary LOLLL but i think your sincerity and respect for their peace of mind in their home might help you out with this situation. good luck.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• That sounds reasonable to me.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly what you are talking about, I live below people in an apartment. They are night owls. And yes you can hear it when they vacuum, only it wouldn't matter but they will be up there cleaning at like 2-3am and I have a 10 month old who they wake up at least a couple times a week. I wish I lived under someone like you who was at least taking other people into consideration...I think that from 10am to 8 pm is very reasonable.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• In our aparment you cant hear it, Just follow the nosie rules put in place by the apartment complex.
    Like here it is 8 am to 10 pm, If you are really noisey befor e8 am or after 10 pm then you get in trouble.
    Anonymous