I gave my grandaughter some peanuts last night and about an hour or so later she started in with diarreha and vomiting. This lasted all night and into the next morning Is this a sign that she may have allergies to peanuts. She has never had a reaction to peanut butter. Very Very curious

brendacoryell

Asked by brendacoryell at 12:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be an allergic reaction, or it could just be a coincidence and she actually has the flu or ate something else that upset her tummy. Either way I'd just stay away from the peanuts.

I personally don't think it's the peanuts. But then I'm not a doctor either. LOL

Hope she feels better today. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It doesn't sound like an allergy.
    Itching, skin reactions, wheezing, shortness of breath, sore / runny eyes are hte most usual symptoms.
    Occasionally diahorrea and extreme thirst.

Sounds like she just has a winter bug, but i'd take her to the doctor anyway as a peanut alergy can be serious and i'd want to know.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 1:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• prob not
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2010