What would you tell your neice to do in this situation?

My neice is like my daughter she is 19 turning 20 years old, i took her in when she was 7 after he mother died so shes pretty much my daughter figure. Well her and this guy met online back when she was in 7th grade and he was in 10th as he began driving they finally met up (because he lived 3 hrs away from us )after they thought they were going to fall in love the second they met. Well turns out its true. He now only lives an hour and a half and they're considering moving in together, but the delema is she wants to stay in this area and he wants to move some where around his way. She wants to stay around here because this is where her family is and where her mom is burried. He wants to stay near he is because his mom only lives an hour and a half away so its the half way point for both of them, which honestly sounds fair to me. Anyone have advice i could give her for this move or change to help her out a little? Thankyou.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Just that maybe she could come home on the weekends and visit her family since it's only an hour and a half away.
    Anonymous

• well i lost my mom when i was 16 and when i was 21 i moved to indiana and i have no family around they are 2 hours away. she could move where he wants or he can where she wants and she how it works out. i gess it depends on how many family members are around u
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• She needs to look into her heart. If she's not willing to compromise to living half way between the two is it real?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Continue to date for the next couple of years and see what happens. What the rush anyway. Courting can be so much fun.
    Anonymous

• She is too young to be moving in with a guy. She needs to continue to date until it feels right. When she is ready she will be willing to move to China for the man. Can she support herself now? What about college? Where do they have/can they get jobs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• um i BEG TO DIFFER on the TOO young. i got married at 17 and am still married. its whatever she feels is right. Im in college and about to finish my first year. Love is Love. And Compromise is always a good thing in a relationship. the coming home on the weekends sounds good to me. i mean i live next door to my hubbys parents and mine are only 10 mins away.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• have to agree with pp's.... they would both be 1 1/2 hrs from their families.... maybe base on something else like cheaper rents, closer to jobs etc. maybe they could look both right around by where he lives and perhaps up to 30 min. your way ... honestly I think closeness to work, school, and rent prices are kinda more imp. 1 1/2 hrs is not that much... as they should know since they've managed to keep a relationship tog. with this amount of distance.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010