Is menopause and getting older really all that terrifying?

I've read all the things that happens to your body once you hit 40. It seems like there's no benefits to getting older other than life experience...but even then eventually your mind fails you. Tell me there's something to look forward to!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No more birth control
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Ah, that's true. But I have the IUD right now and don't have to worry about birth control xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'm in my 50's and I've not had any thing new happen other than I don't get as wet during sex but that's what KY is for! I still have cycles so not much has changed for me

Answer by admckenzie at 2:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• no more periods!! YAY!!!

lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'm looking forward to no more periods! Also, menopause is when women in my family grow boobs. I'm definitely looking forward to menopause!!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I'm conflicted because my 40's have seen the onset of menopause however I've been feeling better that I have since I was in my 20's.  The temperature control issue is a major once for me.  I'm either too hot or too cold, there is no in between.  My libido has gone into warp drive (my dh is loving that), and my confidence and self esteem have grown enormously with my maturity.

I am really enjoying getting older.  I told my dh the other night that I want to do something really special for my 50th because I want to proudly celebrate my half century milestone. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Age is what you make it.  If you fight or deny it, you will be miserable but if you embrace it, then it will be another wonderful stage of life. 

I wrote a journal about this a while ago, you might find it interesting:)

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1058746/My_thoughts_on_aging

beeky

• The benefit of not having periods is a BIG one! I have been through monopause and it was not so bad. I had some hot flashes for a short while but that was all. i refused to take hormones and it turns out it was the right decision. I am feeling young---I still feel like I am about 35....but it is harder to lose weight and keep it off as you get older. Otherwise, I don't see what is so bad about aging. I guess when I am 80 or 90 I might wish I was younger but I'm in good shape now! I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you eat healthy foods vitamns and do a lot of walking ,some kind of exercise. Oh---quit smoking if you still do and don't drink too much.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• MENOPAUSE...sorry...typing too fast again. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I think its the fear of change that has people feeling that way. Its not so much the process and what happens cuz there will always be a bright side if you look for it(for me its menopause and not being on bc anymore).

However, changing your habits and little things about your life can be terrifying for some people.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010