Has anyone gone to Destin, Fl. and rented a cottage/condo and were under 25?

My husband and I want to take a family vacation to Destin. We have also volunteered to bring three girls from our church with us as their senior trip. The problem I've run into is most of the places I've looked at, their policy states you have to be 25 or older to rent from them, especially if you have students under the age of 25. My husband and I will be 24. Has anyone been in a similar situation and they let them rent anyway?

Dawn07

Asked by Dawn07 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Travel

• No everywhere they go by the rules. Maybe you can get your parents to rent the room for you. I know annoying but at least you can still have the room LOL
    Im about to be 24 so I knwo how you feel . Im just lucky my husband is 26 LOL
    Anonymous

• It isn't just in Destin. Alot of places that are geared towards families say no one under 25 may rent but that usually only applies to singles. Not married couples. When you call and tell them you and you husband are taking a family vacation they prob. won't even say anything.
    brocknavasmomma

Answer by brocknavasmomma at 6:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I should add that my husband and I went about 6 years ago, when we were just 20, and the rule was 25 and up. So don't sweat it.
    brocknavasmomma

Answer by brocknavasmomma at 6:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I figured they will allow me and my husband to go, because we are married with a kid. Its bringing three graduates with me, that might make them say something.
    Dawn07

Answer by Dawn07 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I doubt it. Normally with a condo they don't ask the ages of people staying as long as it is rented by a married couple. We've never had them ask. So, it won't matter who stays with you as long as you have enough room for everyone to sleep. Just give them a call when you find a condo. Basically all they want when they post an age limit like that is to make sure the condo won't be destroyed by a bunch of kids and if it is that there is a responsible adult to pay for the damages. It does not sound like this scenario pertains to your situation so it shouldn't be a big deal to bring along the teens! And what a woman you are to take them for their senior trip! HOW NICE!!
    brocknavasmomma

Answer by brocknavasmomma at 9:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010