Why bring someone's kid into the argument?

Has anyone ever insulted your child while debating or arguing with you? Like saying "I feel sorry for your child because of So and So." or "Your child is going to grow up and be stupid because of you." or anything like that. How dirty and mean is that? We should never use other people's kids as a punching bag.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YUP, ALOT of people LOVE to say that. The other day when I said I refuse to speak Spanish and I dont want my kids being forced to learn it , that I would rather them learn other languages. I got told that they feel sorry for my child because I am depriving them the experience to widen their vocabulary. LMAO My kids speak German, Russian, and Italian. I think they are doing pretty good LOL

Anonymous

• No. I don't associate with people that would do something that low. I would stay away from them if they did that to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• My ex-boyfriend did that... he told me my son wasn't very smart and he was stupid just like me... that he was going to be a failure when he grows up because of me. He couldn't get to me anymore so he brought my son into it because he knew it would hurt me worse... I broke up with him for good after that.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Usually when children are pulled into a debate, it is because that person is losing and it is an attempt to deflect attention from that.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• After innocently posting about my son's circumcision I got a series of PMs from a woman who started off explaining "nicely" what a horrible thing I'd done to him. After writing back and forth it ended with her telling me she had no respect for anyone who mutilate their child and if she could have her way I'd be put in jail for child abuse. It was right after I signed up. I had no clue people felt so strongly about that issue here. Welcome to CM :( 

Anonymous

• OMG anon did you report her? If not you should go report the message. That is against the guidelines.She should be put on suspension or remove. GAH some freakin people.

I am so sorry that happened to you. Some people just cant take the idea that not everyone does what they do.

Anonymous

• I did report her and was told to block her.

Anonymous

• One time some b*tch on here called my daughter fat. My daughter is absolutely gorgeous, so it didn't bother me too much.........................................just shows what a classless, p.o.s. that she is.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Well the report is there and against her now, that does count for something. Good thing you reported her. I wish people understood that things like that can be taken as internet abuse and they can get in legal trouble.
    Anonymous

• Over in the Religious section someone started attacking the clothing my 17 year old daughter was wearing in a picture on my profile- saying it was provocative and I was a bad parent for letting her look like that. Perhaps they were jealous of her looks or body...

Seems they didn't have a legitimate answer or a come back and resorted to insulting my child thinking they'd get to me that way. All it did was show how immature, ignorant and desperate they were. I laughed... really hard... I think I pissed myself at their half-assed attempt at making me cry.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2010