Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Based on income apartments?

If you live in based on income apartments,have two very young children and the husband is the only one who works(a part time job and makes about 120 a week) How much rent would it be? The husband and I are trying to find jobs right now but no one is hiring and we have both applied at 30 different places and no call backs.... We don't know what else to do or if we can afford to move out of his parents house but they are driving me insane and I need to get out .please no rude comments(:

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (2)
  • It should be 1/4 of your gross income. So it should be about 120 dollars. It might be closer to $129 bc they go by a 4.3 week.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • Income based rent isnt NOT set on a sliding scale. Income restrict apartments arre just cheaper. LIke here there is one instead of 1000 a month for rent for a 2 bed you pay 600.
    You need to go to your welfare office and apply for section 8 if you want part of your rent paid.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.