rollie pollie baby

Help.

My 6 month old who can completey roll over, crawl, what ever, likes to hold her own bottle. This is cool. One problem.

She keeps trying to roll over WHILE eating. she hasnt learned that the laws of gravity dont allow for this. Is there some way I can keep her still while she eats? she pitches a fit when her bottle "escapes" her.

I can't hold her, so please don't suggest that. I have problems with my shoulders and neck so i've never been able to hold her for any length of time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Squeakette

Asked by Squeakette at 2:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe try a bobby pillow? that way she would stay semi upright as well. Also I think it's just one of those trial and error things...something she will get the hang of on her own.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• she just rolls right over her boppy. lol. she doesnt like eating sitting up, so she throws herself down on her back, and then rolls right over the edge of the pillow.

She's such a picky little baby.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 2:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Bump.

i really needed this answered, as i'm CURRENTLY AS WE SPEAK hving this problem and now shes crying because she doesnt want to hold still to eat and wont let me hold her bottle for her. PLEASE HELP
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 3:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• let her do her thing she's gonna learn she can't drink a bottle and be on her tummy at the same time. be patient.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

• try putting her in like her car seat, or a high chair, something that makes her sit up she is used to. My son would take a bottle from his car seat and also loved to eat on his back, so made feeding him in the car easy. you might try doing that since you cant hold her long term. just use the car seat in the house too for that. if you have a high chair might be time to try it out too.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2010