Getting back in touch with your partner

After being together for years, what do you do when you feel that spark just isn't there.. it's take care of the baby (1.5 yrs old), rush to work/class, do all the housework, try to get some sleep and maybe some quick mommy time in.. and it just seems like you've completely lost touch with eachother? And he doesn't seem to mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• cont.-a beautiful relationship rather than trying to recover what we had because I am not sure we had "IT" in the beginning and we have both changed. So I have no answers only that I know if I try and do sweet things and just be calm and make him feel special the harmony and peace that comes from that brings a certain atmosphere that makes me wonder mmmmm perhaps this could grow into something more. plus I go to Unity church and we are discussing leeting God take over and not try to over analyze or control everything and not to live in fear. in all situations to remind ourselves "this too shall pass". all things are possible...put it out there your intention to hve a close and meaningful reltionship and you may be surprised....I am trying to do just that...it is a challenge to not control stuff but it feels good to lt go. Good luck
    Kiwi66

Answer by Kiwi66 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• You will only know for a fact that he doesn't mind if you ask him. Don't make assumptions about his feelings.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Read the Love Dare.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• If you want it fixed then talk to him and make some changes.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I am quite a bit in the same rut. Only I pushed my feelings away due to being pissed off over alot of his ignorance to certain resposibilities and I now harbour resentments.....plus he became uninterested intimatelt when I was 4 months pregnant and here we are with a 14 month old dd and still have not had intimacy...I have now become unimterested due to the resentments. He said he was worried about hurting the baby when in utero yet the doc had assured him etc perhaps he had other concerns abot parenthood etc. all I know is he says he still loves and wants me and I have lost total respect for this relationship not sure I love him or ever did, I believe I never really loved myself enough and made choices to be with a man who needed to grow up (so did I) and here we are now faced with parenthood (which we love) but are also now learning about not only each other but ourselves and for the sake of our dd have to try and create
    Kiwi66

Answer by Kiwi66 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2010