***PLEASE HELP!!???!! Breastfeeding help !! ***

I am 8 weeks postpartum and had been pumping and bottle feeding, and occasionally nursing until about a week ago. For circumstances beyond my control I was unable to pump or nurse for three full days. I now want to get things back to normal, but my supply has drastically decreased. My doctor gave me Reglan which is supposed to help increase my supply.
Does anyone have ANY suggestions?? Obviously I have increased my pumping and nursing, aside from that what else can I do?? I don't want my daughter to have this much formula, she gets SUPER crabby and an upset tummy, I hate seeing her this way!! I am ready to give up, but I know that is the wrong thing to do.....PLEASE help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Thanks ladies :)

kiddosX8

Asked by kiddosX8 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep nursing, pumping doesn't stimulate production enough. It may feel like that's all you're doing for a few days but eventually it will level out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Best advice I can say is to offer her the breast even when she is not fussing for it. In order to up your supply your daughter has to eat a lot more often will help some until she and you get back into the swing of things.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Drink lots of water.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• All of the above and try to relax a little bit- relaxing helps with let down :)
    Anonymous

• try fenugreek. it's in mother's milk tea at whole foods, sometimes at a drug store. you can also buy the tablets online.
    wear her on a sling and offer the boob even when she whimpers. (don't wear anything under the sling, wear a big sweater over LO and sling :)
    drink nonalcoholic beer, o'douls or food with yeast, oatmeal
    do breast compressions as you pump and feed
    put warm packs on the boob b4 feeding/pumping
    NURSE, NURSE, NURSE! and only pump AFTER you nurse for 15-20min (even when nothing's coming out)

Reglan has a lot of bad side effects, just a side note.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Nurse as much as you can. Nursing stimulates your body to make more milk.
    Anonymous

• Nurse nurse nurse nurse. There is nothing like the baby to increase supply. Have her attached to you every moment you can manage. Pumps are not efficient enough especially inferior pumps, the body will make only what the baby is demanding Go to http://www.kellymom.com/  for more info http://www.drjacknewman.com/          

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• And though you should nurse a lot, you can pump one side while the baby feeds on the other so you are stimulated on both sides at the same time, and you can give the expressed breastmilk. Cut way down on the bottles. If you are home and not out working, then attach the baby to you! Go here to learn how to use massage to increase pump output: http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html
    amileegirl